How often have you wished for more hours in the day?
Well perhaps instead of longing for more time, it’s time to start maximising the hours you already have. With sensible time management and by being prepared, you can be a stress-free mum with a fulfilling home and work life. Just read on!
- Always have a back up. Give your partner’s or a relative’s details as a second emergency contact so it’s not always you being called out of meetings. If you don’t have family nearby, come to an arrangement with a mum friend to help each other out in a crisis.
- Plan well ahead. Don’t leave deadlines to the last minute, as children rarely chose a convenient time to be ill! Factor in a buffer of a day or two to avoid last-minute panic.
- Say goodbye to 9-to-5. If it’s not possible to pack your working day between school runs, consider short, sharp bursts around family life. Could you squeeze in an hour before the children get up, or hand over to partners and grandparents on a Saturday morning?
- If you’re a list person, technology is making things even easier. Use apps such as 3do and Toodledo to make lists and receive reminders.
- Make time for you! If you’re stressed out, the whole family will be affected. Time for a long soak, your favourite programme or a walk or run will make all the difference to your wellbeing – and, in turn, your productivity.